So, baseball-wise things are not going so great. They lost another game today. To be honest, with the lack of hitting and not-paying-attention, it’s not really a surprise. We have a kid on the team who refuses to listen, or when he does listen, looks at you like you have just sprouted some wicked looking horns. He refuses to move for the ball, and nine times out of ten, isn’t paying the least bit of attention to what’s going on in the game. Then grumbles under his breath because he has to play in the outfield. Today he started griping because he was last to bat and sat on the bench the first inning, but it had to be done that way because the child has NEVER gotten to a game or a practice on time. NEVER.
That being said, I have spent most of this afternoon trying to clean out my requests/notifications folder on FaceBook. And I’m still not done. UGH!
More soon I hope, but till baseball season is over, I’m strapped for time.
I thought I would take a few minutes to leave a quick post before going to bed.
The 6th Row is finished and attached to the rest of the “blanket”. I think it looks great, personally,and while I realize that not everyone else may agree with me, since I am the one I am making it for, my opinion (for once) is the ONLY one that counts.
Baseball is running along at an alarming clip…with two in the wind column. The team as a whole is improving, thank goodness.
OK…I am too tired to see straight and I think I can actually hear my pillow calling my name. More soon.
- Do you like bleu cheese? No. Personally, the thought of eating mold makes me barf in my mouth a little.
- Have you ever smoked? Yes, and am trying to quit.
- Do you own a gun? Uh, YEAH! More than one as a matter of fact.
- Favorite type of food? Is this a trick question? Have you seen my ass?
- Favorite type of music? Hmmm….I think this would be best answered by saying that Country and Opera are like nails on a chalkboard for me…as well as Muzak type stuff…just give me some rock, or maybe a little (read VERY LITTLE) pop, and I’m a happy, happy girl.
- What do you think of hot dogs? Hot damn…some of my most memorable meals include hot dogs!
- Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street and How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Diet Coke
- Can you do push ups? Define push-ups, please.
- What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I had a millefieore cross that I used to wear ALL the time until it fell apart. Now it’s my sterling silver/blue topaz ring.
- Favorite hobby? I can’t pick just one….reading, writing, knitting and crochet. Not necessarily in that order.
- Do you have A.D.D.? It wouldn’t really surprise me if my doctor told me I did.
- Do you wear glasses/contacts? Glasses.
- Middle name? Dawn
- Name three thoughts at this exact moment: I need to attach the 6th strip to my afghan. I really want to start the crimson/cream afghan I promised Mimi. I am so freakin’ tired.
- Name three drinks you regularly drink: Diet Coke, diet coke and water
- Current worry? Finding a job so that I can do for myself what I should have done years ago.
- Current hate right now? Hate? Hmmm….I severely dislike double standards and one way rules.
- Favorite place to be? At the ballpark watching my kids play baseball. Or here at home, knitting or crocheting.
- How did you bring in the new year? I was busy examining the insides of my eyelids.
- Someplace you’d like to go? The Smithsonian
- Name three people who will complete this. No clue.
- Do you own slippers?Yeah, I own a few pair, but I usually only wear them in the winter instead of socks. I like being barefooted, much to my doctor’s dismay.
- What color shirt are you wearing? Navy blue
- Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? You mean people DO like sleeping on satin sheets?
- Can you whistle? You bet your ass I can.
- Where are you now? In the living room on the puter.
- Would you be a pirate? Hell yes! I would pillage yarn shops across the world.
- What songs do you sing in the shower? Whichever one I wake with stuck in my freakin’ head…like today’s song was “Iko, Iko” or whatever the name of that annoying damn song is.
- Favorite girl’s name? I’m quite partial to Rhiordan and Bronnagh
- Favorite boy’s name? Roman.
- What is in your pocket right now? A lighter and my cell phone.
- Last thing that made you laugh? The Tom & Jerry cartoons we were watching this morning on Cartoon Network.
- What vehicle do you drive? 2003 Chevy Venture. Mini-van for the baseball mom!
- Worst injury you’ve ever had? Tore EVERY tendon and ligament in my right ankle after stepping off the front porch to put a razor in hubby’s shaving kit for our first trip to the OU/Texas game.
- Do you love where you live? I love the town we live in now. I miss my Sooners, but I like Texas.
- How many TVs do you have in your house? 4
- How many computers do you have in your house? Two desktops and a netbook.
- If you changed your job, what would it be? I would love to own a yarn shop and be a writer.
- If you had three wishes what would they be? Hmmm….I think I will keep those to myself as they could all very well incriminate me at a later date.
So, there you have it. A little more about me. I have answered them all as honestly as I could. I can’t remember where I found this, but feel free to snag it and use it….just don’t forget to let me know your responses.
Most importantly, the kids’ baseball team won this evening. Bubba got the win, and Mimi got the save. For you non-baseball folks…they are pitchers and those are both good things! Their team played well defensively and offensively. The final was 7-6. They were happy, Mimi got her 2nd game ball, and Bubba was walking on air after getting a strikeout to end his inning on the mound.
Puppers and I walked down to the lake and back this morning, met a fence sleeping kitty on the way home who we visited for a few minutes, then came home and she went up to “guard” hubby while I stayed downstairs and had myself some breakfast.
In crochet related news, the 6th strip is finished, and I will be joining it to the other part of the blanket after I have finished here. Depending on how long it takes me to get it joined, I might even start the 7th strip this evening, though I doubt it since I couldn’t get to sleep till almost 1 this morning and then only got 4 – 1/2 hours of sleep. I am beat.
All in all, I must say it was a pretty good day. I even got the chance to chat with a friend whom I don’t get to talk to very much.
Well, I’m off to join the strip and then to bed.
So, things are moving along nicely on my “Ocean of Flowers”. I am almost finished with the 6th column of flowers, which means I get to attach it to the rest of the blanket. Probably today. I am truly enjoying the fussiness of this project. And my color list is slowly running out of combinations for me to use for each new hex. This picture here is of the current progress, folded in half on the dining room table, laid so that I can make sure I don’t get two hexes of a like color right next to one another like I did at the beginning.
We’ll see how much I get done today, as I will also be working on making some headbands to control this hair of mine, as I am letting it grow out in an effort to encourage Mimi to grow her’s back out.
My goal with this new blog, is to blog a little at least once a week…hopefully more. I have been extremely neglectful of my blogging and my writing and many other things that I enjoy…time to get back to it and see where it goes.
After a lot of deliberation and consideration, I decided to dump my Blogger blog and move myself over to WordPress. A new start so to speak. I am hoping to return to blogging regularly, and actually doing a little more with my blog than just the usual, “this was my day/week/month” type of crap I was doing.
I have made some decent progress on my African Flowers blanket. I am almost finished with the 6th row, and then will join it to the other 5 completed rows. The picture in my header is actually one of the rows, though not a full shot, of course. I had forgotten how much fun crochet could actually be. And cruising around the internet, especially Flickr, looking at the craftiness of others, I must admit I often times feel incredibly inadequate in the craftiness department. But I just keep working at it, since much of it makes me incredibly happy, and if the end result pleases me, well then, I am a happy camper. And so far, this blanket is pleasing me.
I suppose I should get off of here and return to my flowers and the blanket for which I am making them, but I have to admit I am having quite a bit of fun with my new blog. No worries, though. I’ll be back.